Friday, November 14, 2008

Week 5 Day 2 (Destroyed!)

So this has been a long time coming. I’ve done this day 4 times already! I was super busy at work the last couple weeks (even worse than usual)! Since I was already discouraged I was using any excuse I could to not work out this week yet again. I know, shame on me :(

Tonight I figured it was time to get back on track before I totally fell off the exercise wagon, which it’s something I really don’t want.

I figured I would do badly since the last time I did my sets was last Sunday, but maybe that break was just what the doctor ordered. Now on to the sets!

19,19,22,22,18,18,22

The initial sets all went well except for the second set of 18. When I fit 15 I felt like I was going to drop dead, but I was able to push through to the full 18.

I took about a 2 minute break before trying the 22. By then I was just fine.

And then it was time for the max. I felt just sure going into it I wasn’t going to make the 45. Once I started though I totally had a huge rush of adrenaline. When I hit 40 I thought to myself, “Holy crap I’m going to make this easy!” Then 45 came and went and I hit 50! At 50, I was like, “I think I can eek out a couple more!” I pushed on to 60! At 60, I was thinking, “I don’t have much left in me, but it would be cool as hell to reach 75 so I’m not stopping till I drop!” At 65, I knew I wasn’t going to make that 75, but I pushed out every last one I could and dropped at 68!

So, I know that was a lot of drama, but that was huge for me. I can’t believe I hit a 68 max, especially following the normal sets! I’ve never been close to that high even on a max test day.

For the first time I really believe that the 100 is in my reach. I can almost taste success! WHOOO-HOOOOOO!

Total – 208

No comments: