Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Year End Summary

This wasn't the best year for exercise; I've had an on again off again relationship with the gym. I changed jobs back in January and didn't have the old gym buddies around to help keep the motivation up.

My A1Cs and blood sugars have been great so no complaints there.

I dropped my existing gym membership since I haven't been making it over there at all (the new employer has a gym so I've been using that instead), but I've also signed up with Farrell's Extreme Body Makeover. Farrell's is a 6 day a week class environment exercise program. I need some better structure to my gym regimen to keep me honest :) This starts up mid January.

I've been tossing around the idea of starting up my own non profit/charitable organization to help buy medical and health related supplies for diabetics in need. I have the benefit of good health insurance through my wife's employer, but not everyone is so fortunate. If anyone out there has any tips on how to get started drop me a line.

1 comment:

LB said...

I just read your comment about starting a non-profit for helping people with diabetic supplies. Eventually, I want to start one that helps people with all types of medicine. My brother, mother and two of my grandmothers have diabetes and my husband has an illness; all of which requires very expensive supplies and medicines. My husband and I were so close to loosing everything because of loss of jobs and health insurance. Some of the health insurances we had were way over $800 a month, but were still cheaper than the medicines without insurance.

Let me know if I can help out with the non-profit idea in any way. :)