Wednesday, November 19, 2008

100 Pushups : Week 6 Day 1 (First try)

Today was KILLER!

The first set of 45 was no problem.
The second set was supposed to be 55 and I dropped at 40 :(
The third set I was dying at 30; it took every ounce of energy to hit 35.
My arms were shaking going into the fourth set, but I managed to eek out the 30.
The final max set was supposed to be 55 minimum. I gave it everything I had to try and make the 55, but I dropped at 51; there was no way I was going to make it.

Total=201

This was a big jump from Week 5 Day 3; primarily because each set is a much higher number. Transitioning from less reps over more sets to this is fairly difficult in my opinion.

On the plus side this is week 6! Once I make through this I’m done with the challenge! Then I can finally put this behind me and get started on the one arm program :)

I’m going to just press on to the next day since the set spread is so much different for Day 2 and Day 3. If I hit all of my numbers at Day 3 I’m going straight to the 100 test. If I don’t hit the numbers on Day 3 I will repeat Week 6 before taking the final test.

For posterity’s sake I plan to record my 100 test and put it on YouTube.

No comments: